Monday, May 5, 2014

Malicious Photos

Like a number of mystery writers, I went straight from the Edgar Week activities in New York to Bethesda, Maryland for the annual traditional mystery fest Malice Domestic.

It was my second time attending Malice, and I was happy to see many friends and meet new readers.


What with all the activities of last week and the weekend, I will tell you about it in mostly in photos. 

Your reporter with mystery writer friends Robert Knightly and
Ken Isaacson at the Edgar Awards Banquet


Atrium of the Hyatt in Bethesda



My panel "It's a Small World" included
Trish Carrico, May-Jane Deeb, Susan Froetschel, Peggy Hanson


The ingenious mystery fan, Theresa Rispoli, of Leesburg, Virginia--a midwife in real life--has solved the issue of getting her eBooks autographed.  She buys lucite guards for her iPad ($3 each from Amazon, she says) and asks authors of the books contained therein to autograph them with a Sharpie. 



Risa says when one guard is full she hangs it on her office
wall and replaces it with a fresh one for more autographs.




Note the autograph of Hank Phillippi Ryan who won the
Agatha this year for Best Contemporary Novel

Fans getting in the mood for the banquet

The crowd at the banquet.


My fellow Minotaur author, Julia Spencer Fleming with Best Novel
winner Hank Phillippi Ryan.

Next year the guests of honor will be the great writing team of Caroline and Charles Todd.  I'll be there if at all possible. 

Annamaria - Monday

10 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, Annamaria -- I have never been to Malice and it looks wonderful. And you got to meet up with some of my favourite people. Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your presence would have doubled my fun! I wish I were coming to Crimefest. Are you coming to Thrillerfest?

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! Thelma Straw in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know how to party, and on both coasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been even more fun if you had been there.

      Delete
  4. Love the photographs, wish I'd been there. It looks like it was so much fun.

    The get-ups are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, It was fun. It would have been lovely to meet you face to face.

      Delete
  5. Wow--what a fabulous blog! And so full of wonderful memories..thank you! ANd Lovely lovely lovely to see you..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Hank. An encore of congratulations and HUZZAHS for you!

    ReplyDelete